Tuesday, January 31, 2012

To Weed or Not to Weed?

na·ive [nah - eev] adj. having or showing lack of experience, judgement, or information. That's what he is. By he I mean my friend Ronie. Ronie is a very different type of person maybe that's why I gravetate to him. I care for him dearly but at the same time I am mad at him. Like any 21 year old he thinks he knows it all. Well maybe not all 21 year olds think they now it all, but in my life that's how its been. He smokes weed, doesn't have a full time job and still lives at home with his parents. I know he is smart but he tries to deny just how smart he is or could be. He thinks he knows what people should do in any given situation, and can come across as a "creeper". I know he doesn't want to be known as a creeper, but the way he acts just doesn't help. I wish he would let people know him for who he really is. The Ronie I know and care for not Ronie the weirdo.

     Today Ronie and I had a discussion. He wanted to know why girls are turned off when they know he smokes weed. I wasn't surprised at all. When we first started talking it was more on the side of maybe dating, but the more I got to know him the more I knew he wasn't right for me especially after I found out he smoked weed, so we just became good friends. I thought hard about what I should say. After all he still my friend and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. I told him I couldn't speak for other girls just for myself but couldn't put my thoughts into words. He saw right through that bs. He always does. I said, "I can only tell you what I feel, and in my personal opinion... Well I just don't understand what the whole need to smoke is. I don't need it to feel happy I can live life happy without it. I just think its a waste of time,and it's not the healthiest thing for you. I just grew up with those beliefs. Also my family has to do with it. It doesn't matter if my family is happy with the man I choose, but I do care to some point if they think he is a good man. I grew up in a very traditional family where guys that smoke weed or do other "worldly" things aren't seen in good light. Not to mention my mother would never allow it." In my head I'm just hoping I don't offend him but he did ask me, and as his friend I owe him the truth. " How can you be so sure of some thing you have never tried? It's like when someone says I don't like pizza. You ask them why and they say well they have never tried it because it looks gross." he said. I understand what he is saying, so I tell him "I know what you mean, But think about it. I don't want to be a hypocrit. How can I look at my sister and say don't smoke weed even though I have. I just don't see the need for it. I don't care that you can experience something spiritual or that out-of-body feeling." Before I can say something else he has to let his dog out and says he will text me later.

     Typical. Anytime the conversation takes a serious tone he shuts down. I was upset with him for that, but I just let it go. Knowing Ronie I know he can't always express what he really wants to say. He builds these walls up like he is protecting himself from me. Once those walls go up there's no getting through to him until he opens the gate. Which he did but in a lame way. Fifteen minutes later he sends me a text "I get what you said". That's it!? So I replied, "About what?" "You wouldn't smoke because it goes againts your moral". That's as good as it gets. I'm glad he finally understands, and all this because he wants to know why girls are turned off by weed. Jeez!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment